It’s not an easy task, but several schools in the Northern Virginia and Montgomery County, MD area conquered the challenge by earning a badge of excellence through Jostens National Program of Excellence Award. In order to qualify, schools must meet the following criteria:
1) Submit yearbook cover and endsheet designs on time
2) Complete ALL pages deadlines on time throughout the year
3) Reach a student buy rate of over 70% (or do 3% better than the previous year)
4) Include at least 50% of the school population in the yearbook 3X’s or more
5) Celebrate the yearbook with an official distribution party
Achieving the National Program of Excellence Award is a challenge as only approximately 5% of Jostens schools across the country are able to reach the honor. All winners are posted in Jostens annual LookBook and receive a plaque and banner to promote in their schools. Ultimately, the award helps to increase school pride and positively impacts the team culture and yearbook tradition at the school.
Schools earning the National Program of Excellence Award under Jason’s guidance include: St. Andrew’s Episcopal School, Congressional School of Virginia, Longfellow Middle School, St. Timothy School (a two time winner).