During the hype of spring yearbook distribution, six area schools earned the Jostens’ National Program of Excellence Award. The following schools met Jostens’ criteria for earning the award and were recognized during end of year celebrations and assemblies.
- Academy of the Holy Cross
- St. Stephen’s St. Agnes School
- Williamsburg Middle School
- Swanson Middle School
- Longfellow Middle School
- Immanuel Christian School
All of the schools did a phenomenal job by doing the following:
1) Submit yearbook cover and endsheet designs on time
2) Complete ALL pages deadlines on time throughout the year
3) Reach a student buy rate of over 70% (or do 3% better than the previous year)
4) Include at least 50% of the school population in the yearbook 3X’s or more
5) Celebrate the yearbook with an official distribution party
CONGRATULATIONS on a job well done!!
Inspired by ideas shared through Jostens Renaissance, T.C. Williams’ Senior Class of 2015 paraded through the hallways of their former elementary, middle schools and the freshmen campus. During the trip, seniors shared a little bit about their journey to graduate along with their future plans of attending colleges. They also shared their professional goals with elementary students. As they marched, they were praised, applauded and hugged.
This scene captured the awesome day and growing tradition at TC. It provides a clear vision to aspiring ACPS students. Jostens is a local partner with TC Williams’ Renaissance program.
Congratulations to Melinda Bloomquist at Mount Vernon HS for being recognized as one of Jostens’ Educators of the Year! Through her passion, leadership and results, she’s earned a full ride to Jostens Renaissance National Conference. At the conference she’ll be instructing, sharing her success story with others around the country, celebrating her accolades- and most importantly, getting pumped up for 2016!